Works with Dogs
These positions work directly with the dogs with some client interaction.
Works with Clients
These positions are client facing and some interaction with the dogs
Work remotely behind the Scenes
These positions are important but require no interaction with the clients or dogs
All non-profit organizations rely on their volunteers. Our missions are often overwhelming, and we often don't have enough staff (or in our case, no paid staff at all). Volunteers are the foundation of what we do, and we need all of you. But as a volunteer, what can you do? Here are some things to consider:
Help in 15 minutes by:
- Posting an event on your FaceBook
- Hanging an event day flyer on your office bulletin board or local coffee shop
- Using Instagram to encourage people to reach out to us
Help in 1 hour by:
- Asking a local business to donate a gift card to Stars and Stripes Rescue for future raffles
- Setting up pet supply donation box in your office break room
- Transport a dog to and from vet appointment or adoption event
Help in 2 hours by:
- Volunteering at an event
- Hosting a fundraiser at your home on business or online
- Recruit friends/family to become sponsors or advocates
- Promote the rescue and speak about the dogs while answering questions from prospective fosters or adopters
No time to spare?
- Make a donation
- Become or find a Sponsor
- Spread the word! Follow us and our volunteer-run social media threads. Share! Share! Share!
Some specific opportunities are listed below:
- Consulting with Foster's to discuss behavioral concerns and training needs.
- Developing suitable training plans for Foster's to train dogs' the basic commands using various training techniques that are best suited to each dog's personality and attributes. This training will enable our dogs to pass the Good Canine Citizen Test.
- Help in evaluating dogs' dispositions and temperaments, allowing us to determine whether the dog is able to advance to Service Dog Level training.
Pet Chauffer – Requires valid driver’s license
- Provide transportation of animals from shelters to our offices & vet clinics, take them to mobile adoptions & vet appointments
- This will require use of personal vehicle
- Pick up donated supplies and food; may involve lifting/carrying
Mobile Adoption Coordinator
- Set up, staff and take down mobile adoption sites
- Help pair adoptable animals with their forever homes
- Interview potential adopters, approve & deny adoptions
- Ensure safety of animals at event
- Organize supplies, manage volunteers & animals at event
Fosters (Urgently Needed!)
Stars and Stripes Rescue depends on our foster families to provide homes for animals waiting for adoption. For rescue organizations, foster homes are one of the most valuable resources. Contact us directly for more specific information.
Outreach Ambassador -
- As an ambassador you can spread the mission of Stars and Stripes Dog Rescue in your spheres of influence. You can share with friends, family and co-workers. You can also participate in and create your own Stars and Stripes Dog Rescue social media campaign.
- Spread the word about the great work that goes on at Stars and Stripes Dog Rescue.
- Find/Schedule/Attend Events and be the one to help educate the community on what we do, what we need, and how they can help.
- Call potential fosters to provide guidelines and expectations for Stars and Stripes Rescue foster programs
- Make sure potential fosters are a good fit for the foster program
- Communicate information with Volunteer Manager
- Assist in approving fosters by reviewing applications
- Contacting landlord/vet offices
- Conducting phone screens
- Setting up home visits
- Assist in coordinating foster, dog and volunteer attendance for adoption events that take place on Saturday or Sunday
Dog Handler at Adoption Events
- Assist Adoption Leader
- Handle dogs of all sizes, breeds, ages & activity levels
- Talk with the public and assist in adoption counseling and promotion of Stars and Stripe’s Rescue’s mission
- Assist in finding homes for dogs by marketing available dogs for adoption
- Reviewing applications
- Contacting landlord /vet offices
- Conducting phone screens
- Setting up home visits
- Completing adoption paperwork
- Help with corporate solicitations, business donations, and community involvement
- Assist with planning fundraising events
- Assist at the fundraising events by serving food, checking in guests, etc.
Are you magic with a camera? Join the photography team. A photograph's power to saves lives couldn't be more apparent than in the case of rescue dogs.
- We need great photos of our dogs that are available for adoption
- Successfully adopted animals
- Photos at adoption events, special events, and fundraising events
Video Filming & Editor
Put your filming and editing skills to use for a great cause. We are always looking for help with videos for our website, social media, fundraising efforts, and so much more.
Are you good with computers and technology? Join the IT Team.
- Help in determining software/computer needs
- Ensure security/network compliance
- Recommendation on new technology purchases
Assisting with the many operational and organizational administrative tasks required to keep Stars and Stripes Dog Rescue moving smoothly. This may include data entry, paperwork, running errands etc. More specifically:
Vet Checks – Join the Vet Check Team. This would include contacting potential adopters vet references.
Adoption Follow-Up Team - Help with calling past adopters to make sure all is going well with their adopted animal
Professional Consultants – Offers a perfect way for busy lawyers, insurance specialists, veterinarians, tax consultants, and others to contribute as needed.
Website Guru -
Our website can always use some refreshing - whether its new content, videos or blogs you can become our new best friend for the skills you can bring to the team.
Blogging/Newsletter Mavin -
You can blog about the latest successes we have had with rescues or matches to our veterans. You can write about our amazing volunteers/donors/sponsors. Whatever you have to say, there is someone out there who wants to hear it.
Social Media Mavin -
As a volunteer social media mavin, you will be responsible for keeping up with all the trends in social media and help us to keep our digital presence relative and compelling. Allowing us to gain followers and by default, donors and sponsors. We are looking for a saavy volunteer to help work with them on their Instagram and FaceBook accounts. They need to have a regular schedule setup and need help with posting pictures, writing and posting content.
SEO – Help ensure we are enlisting the proper Search Engine Optimization protocols.
If you are interested in any of these positions or have skills we didn't know we needed, Click on JOIN US below and let's chat! We can't wait for you to join the team.