Our Application Process for Foster and Adoptions
- Our Foster/Adoption team will begin the application approval process by reaching out to the references you listed in your application form.
- Upon approval of your application, we will conduct a Home Visit at your residence. The Home Visit is an interview to confirm what type of dog would be suited best for your family and lifestyle. Depending on the scheduling of our volunteers and your location it might take a few weeks to find someone to complete your Home Visit.
- Upon approval of your Home Visit, your application will be sent to the Foster Family of the dog(s) you are interested in. We process applications in the order they come in, based on the best match for the dog. The foster home for each dog you are interested in will review your application and Home Visit form to determine along with you if your home will be the right match for their foster dog. We will keep you informed of your application status after your application and home visits are approved.
- If your family and the foster family think you can be a match, you will be contacted to set up a Meet & Greet with the foster home and dog. We ask that a Meet & Greet be set up within 72 hours of the foster reaching out. This ensures the dogs don't wait for their "furever" homes for extended periods of time. We require that all human members be present to meet the dog, prior to adoption. We also require that any pets meet the prospective new member of the family.
- Regardless of the outcome of the Meet & Greet, we ask both foster and adopters to wait 24 hours before making the decision to adopt. This allows time for reflection for both you and the foster home to determine if it is the right fit.
- If everything works out, and you decide to adopt, we expect dogs to go home within 72 hours of the Meet & Greet.
Adoption is a rewarding lifetime commitment. Our most successful adoptions are those who take their time in finding the right pet for their personality and lifestyle. We hope that you and your pet will be lifelong companions, but we understand that life can get in the way of even the best of plans. If you have questions, concerns, or need assistance at any point after you’ve adopted, we are here to support you.